1. Quality content
- Create original, trustworthy content that provides tangible value to your audience.
- Include reviews from real users and insights from industry experts.
- Enhance user experience with multimedia content including images, audio and video.
- Review for grammatical and typographical errors before you post.
- Build smart FAQ, Contact and General Info pages.
- Link to reliable external resources.
2. Website information architecture
- Group pages on your website into logical sections.
- Provide role based navigation based on end user expectations and requirements.
- Provide visual cues to users to help them navigate the site.
- Build a site map page.
- Provide quick links to high traffic pages.
- Review and update on a periodic basis, based on user response.
3. Social engagement
- Include social media share tools to encourage your audience to disseminate your content.
- Engage your prospects, users and industry leaders on popular social media platforms.
- Respond to comments and questions about your organization and products on social sites proactively.
- Encourage high traffic blogging sites to link to your site.
- Share your links and content on popular social bookmarking sites.
4. Search engine technology
- Tune into latest updates and news from prominent search engine providers and SEO experts.
- Monitor your websites performance against predetermined key performance indicators using webmaster tools.
- Make sure your web content is crawler-friendly by following recommended best practices.
- Evaluate how your site is doing in comparison to your competition for targeted keywords and phrases.
5. Website Analytics
- Evaluate traffic from organic searches on search engines.
- Tap into trending topics by monitoring popular keywords and search terms.
Related articles on this blog:
- Why your expo needs a blog
- 8 ways to boost quality traffic to your website
- 5 traits your event website should have in 2012
- SEO best practies for your event website videos
Related articles on external sites: