Selling booth space is more than a practice. It’s an art form. Regardless of the current process you employ with your organization to sell space for your next event, you must have the proper tools and processes in place for the best results.
Here are some tips to make sure you can maximize your booth sales.
- Determine when and how your exhibitors want to buy from you. Do you sell booths onsite at this year’s show, or online before or after the event?
- Consider what you need to make your preferred system work.
- Determine what can be automated. We had one client who, through the use of technology, decreased invoicing time by 96%. The processes you can automate include booth selection and assignments, exhibitor upsell opportunities and promotions, invoicing & payments, reporting, and exhibitor listings.
- Determine what add-ons and sponsorships are good options for your audience. Then make it easy to sell them. Have your pricing options and packages set up before you start selling. Our research shows that more than 80% of booth space add-ons are purchased at the same time as booth space.
- Employ an easy-to use and highly configurable online exhibit sales and contract management module to simplify your processes. Your tools must be simple and easy to use.
- Consider going to your exhibitors so they don’t ever have to step away from their booths. Schedule an appointment with them at their booth. With a few simple clicks on a tablet, the booth can be assigned and the contract can be sent electronically with minimal disruption. One a2z client raised the NSF sold on-site by 60% utilizing an iPad.