Google recently published results from research they conducted on how much media consumption happens on digital screens and how people use multiple devices together.
- Today 90% of our media consumption happens in front of a screen.
- 90% of the consumers begin the task on one device and complete it on another device.
- They typically start with a smartphone.
- Content viewed on one device can trigger behavior on other devices they use.
This infographic confirms that a successful dissemination strategy should enable information consumption across multiple devices and screens. Real-time integration, connected platforms and reactive technology are not just buzz-words anymore. These are critical to the success of your business.
Every progressive event today needs a smart strategy to face the challenges of this new multi-device, multi-screen world. It is no longer sufficient to have a website and a set of mobile apps for your event. These need to be connected and integrated in real-time so that your user doesn’t have to think or wait for information.
Some questions you should consider when deciding on a technology solution for your event:
- Are your exhibitors able to view your floor plan on a mobile device and purchase exhibit space using a tablet device?
- Can your exhibitors change their information using a computer and view these updates on their listing in your mobile app instantaneously?
- Can your attendees search for exhibitors and sessions to build a personalized agenda on their smartphones and then sync it with their profile on your website using a computer?
- Can they log in and access this information at a kiosk on your show floor?
The answers to these questions will help you determine whether your event is geared to meet the challenges posed by a multi-device world. The technology decisions that exhibit and conference management teams make today will define their success in the future.