Written by guest blogger, Kristie Chicki, a2z Senior Project Manager
Everyone has been talking Apple and iPhone for the last week or so. At least more than usual. First it was the release of the iPhone 5. Then it was the availability of iOS 6. While I, of course, pre-ordered the iPhone 5 with an urgency bordering on insanity, it was the release of iOS 6 that really got me thinking.
I have been an iProduct user since the first iPhone, but it was only recently that I started reading what each download of the latest operating system was going to do for me. This was a new phenomenon for me in respect to app updates as well. Why the change? Why did I stop downloading blindly? After some thought, I realized it was because I wanted to get the most out of the software. Sure, the hardware is light, simple to use and the envy of many. But it’s really the software that makes the “magic” happen daily. Plus I, quite frankly, like to wow my friends with my latest findings and tricks. The last big reason was that it is embarrassing to say to someone that you wish there was an app for this or a feature for that, only to learn that one already exists and you have just been living without it.
Of course this leads me to where I spend the second most amount of my time….work. I realized that I had not been reading new release information, and I wondered why my clients didn’t always know how much the a2z software could do for them. What a hypocrite, right? Here’s the big aha moment. I didn’t know until recently that these pieces of information were even available. It wasn’t laziness. I simply didn’t know. It took watching the keynote for the last iPad release to realize what was right in front of me.
As a client, you may not know what tools a2z, or any of your other software providers, are providing for you free of charge to better your skills, knowledge, and well, just make your day easier! So here goes for a2z software…
- A YouTube channel where you can watch demos of modules you may not have known about.
- A Knowledge Base of articles, and sometimes short videos, for you to download, save, read and review at your convenience. (for a2z clients only, contact your project manager for the link)
- Online webinars or recorded webinar links for a wide array of modules we offer.
- A dedicated education specialist who provides on-demand free online training.
- Want to invest in your staff’s education? We will even send our education specialist to your office for an education retreat or just a day of hands-on learning. This one has a cost, of course.
- A monthly newsletter about a2z happenings, best practices and upcoming events.
- A user group page on LinkedIn for you to ask other users your questions. Think of this as Facebook for work. I bet your boss would even be thrilled if you are on it during work hours!
- There is so much more too. I haven’t even mentioned this blog!
Hope your day is a productive one!