Pinterest has grown by leaps and bounds over the past couple years. The SEO it offers and social connectivity is just now being tapped into by professionals. And now, with the launch of Pinterest Business Pages, both businesses and events can start promoting their brands and begin enjoying the benefits of this new social tool.
Here are 7 ways you can use Pinterest for your events:
1. Boards: Build a board for each event your association plans, or build boards by topic, activities, groups, or people. Post pictures of attendees, exhibitors, speakers, booths, etc. to share the highlights of each event. Make sure that your pins are more about your users’ interests than your brand.
2. Photo Kiosk: Set up photo kiosks at your event that post to your boards! Attendees love to see and share pictures of themselves which will give your boards greater traffic and exposure.
3. Links: Within each photo description you can add links to relevant pages or posts on your website or blog.
4. Feed: Use a widget to feed your event’s Pinterest Board to your website and mobile app. Be sure to keep adding photos as the show draws near and during the event so attendees and exhibitors can share them or save the ones that interest them most.
5. Videos: If you didn’t know, Pinterest does support pinning videos. Videos need to be hosted on YouTube to use this feature. This is a good opportunity for event management to pin and share helpful videos for attendees and exhibitors, as well as mini speaker or exhibitor video commercials.
6. Hashtags: Many are not aware that Pinterest uses hashtags for searches. When possible, be sure to use hashtags on pictures that relate to specific keywords people may be searching for on Pinterest.
7. Interact: One of the best ways to keep people engaged with your wall, is to engage with your followers walls. If you see something interesting or relevant to your industry on a follower’s wall, then follow and share their pins on your boards. The more you engage with others, the more they will engage with you.
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES: