Over the years we have met many clients who at one time or another, have tried to build their own software to manage their association or event. We have seen everything from custom AMS, CRM, Expo Management, Conference Management, Registration, and more. Today we thought we would share with you, the TOP TEN reasons why building your own custom software may not be a good idea for your company or association:
10. Too many opinions on how it should be done
9. You will never make everyone on your team happy
8. It takes too long to plan and build vs. being up and running right away
7. Your company is not a software company…and building software is not part of your job description
6. You can get so consumed with development, that you lose time working on your real job…managing your event
5. As technology and internal business processes changes, how will your system keep up?
4. What do you do when your developer leaves your company? Who will step in and take over?
3. You will easily spend 10 times more money to build rather than buy, and even more to maintain it
2. Existing SAAS products will keep up with industry standards and best practices
And the #1 reason is….(drum roll please)
1. Because you would rather enjoy your weekends or be on vacation than putting in overtime dealing with this unnecessary headache
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES: