Exhibitors….this is for you!
1) Find out if show management will let you build a rich online profile directly on their event website. If they allow you to post your products, show specials or videos do it! The more information you can share about your company the better since this is where ALL attendees will be going to plan their itinerary.
2) If the event organizer has an event widget, ask how you can embed it on your own website. This can be huge for making sure that your own customers find your booth and bring their friends to see what you have to offer.
3) Find out what the hashtag (#eventname) is for the conference and tweet on it. Start about 3-4 weeks out from the event for best results. Be sure to use the magic rule of 80/20. 80% of your tweets should be you engaging with attendees conversations and 20% of your tweets should be about what you are going to be doing at the event.
4) Some events will sell you a mailing list of attendees. If you can sort through the list and target only the buyers that would need your services, try sending them a personalized email with compelling reasons on why they should visit your booth.
5) Prize Giveaway! Using the same list above, send out “tickets” to your target buyers. (By mail or email and they can print themselves.) Tell them they can use their ticket to stop by your booth and watch a short 2 minute demonstration of any one of your products or services that may interest them most. Once they see the demo, you will take their ticket and put it into a fishbowl for a prize drawing. Make the prizes fun so people would want enter.
6) If you are active on LinkedIn, reach out to your contacts and groups and let them know what you will be showing at your booth. Make sure your information is engaging and exciting!
7) Become a Sponsor! Sponsors are often in the spotlight and will stand out in the crowd. Find the sponsorship that makes the most sense to your business goals. Once you choose, make sure you maximize the opportunity as much as possible.
8) Send out a press release about your company participating in the greatest event in your industry and how your company brings new ideas and innovation to the event. Be sure to personally send your press release to any press or speakers who will be at the event.
9) Include information about the event in your company’s monthly newsletter. Be sure to invite them to register if they haven’t already and give your customers a reason to stop by the booth.
10) Create a fun, short and exciting video and post it on YouTube. Be sure to use the event name and event hashtag when posting it so it can be found by attendees. The message should be exciting enough to share, engaging enough to make them want to visit your booth, and memorable enough for them to notice your brand. Then SHARE, SHARE, SHARE it everywhere!
Other Related Articles