Hey exhibitors! We know that you are becoming more and more engaged with social media these days and we would like to share a few tips to ensure that your posts are heard and not ignored. The key is to make sure your posts are more about THEM, than YOU! At least 80% of your posts should be helpful to your industry followers and event attendees, with only 20% being about your booth, products or specials. What do you tweet about you ask? Well, here is a list of tips for tweeting information that will position your company as the “helpful and informative” company instead of the “pushy & self-absorbed” company.
1) First, invite your existing followers/customers to register for the event! Post reminders about early bird registration.
2) Hunt down the sessions that you think your customers will benefit from most and share them online.
3) Share links to the event website for travel and transportation information.
4) Post information on which hotel you are staying at and why you chose that hotel.
5) Tell your audience what the event hashtag is and show them where to go to follow along and participate.
6) If the event has a mobile app, share information on where it can be downloaded.
7) If you are speaking or sponsoring a session or event, tell people where they can go to sign up for it.
8) If you are planning a happy hour for your customers, ask them to come and bring their friends for you to meet!
9) Help promote any fundraising events going on to support a good cause.
10) During the show, tweet about highlights and fun activities going on each day.
11) Be the first to report on any major announcements in your industry.
12) Don’t forget to invite everyone to your booth to see your latest products.
13) Take pictures of you with your clients and share them while tagging everyone in each photo.
14) Try to connect with anyone new you meet and follow them online.
15) Be sure to share important tweets that event management or attendees send out. They will appreciate it!
All of your posts should have the event hashtag, but the most important thing is to be helpful, be courteous and be responsive to the people who follow and share your tweets and posts. You will be surprised at how engaged they become with you and how much your company will be noticed.