Google Webmaster is a free service that helps you monitor and maintain your website’s presence in Google’s Search Results. Here are the key things webmasters can accomplish with this handy portal:
- Access tools to improve the elements displayed by Google for your website in Google Search Results, including Sitelinks.
- Discover which queries are bringing the maximum traffic to your website.
- Identify the sites which are linking to your website.
- Identify if your mobile website is performing well for visitors searching on their mobile devices.
- Use the information made available via the Google Webmaster portal to make key decisions for using other tools like Google Analytics, Trends, and Adwords.
- Monitor and resolve common issues with your HTML markup.
- Submit a robots.txt to specify how search engines should crawl and index your site, or request removal of URLs from Google’s search results.
- Identify and fix any URLs which are throwing errors.
- Test and submit a Sitemap for your website.
- Help Google crawl your site more efficiently by indicating how it should handle parameters in your website’s URLs.
More to explore: