Blog post by Bill McGlade, CEM, Director of Account Management with a2z, Inc.
You made it! In the blink of an eye, your big day has arrived. It has taken a lot of dedicated hard work but you feel ready to take on the world when you arrive at the venue. You’ve created a huge buzz for your event through social media and other promotional efforts. There’s chatter, excitement, and business deals happening all across the exhibit floor. The education sessions are jam packed and bursting through doors. It’s an event organizer’s dream come true. The event is so successful that exhibitors can’t wait to sign up for next year. This is fantastic news. An ordinary expo manager would be frantic right now, attempting to move the lengthy line of exhibitors wanting to re-book their space. No, not you. You are a superstar and you are prepared. In fact, this was all part of the plan.
Only happy laughter and chatter greet you as you walk into the sales zone. Your exhibitors are enjoying nice refreshments in the comfortable exhibitor lounge, giving them a chance to relax for a few minutes as they wait for their scheduled appointment to commence. Gone is the jam-packed sales booth of the past, filled with harried people, all trying to get you to attend to them first. Things are running like clockwork in your sales office. Exhibitors are arriving only a few minutes before their designated appointment time. The a2z staff you recruited is busy supporting your onsite sales; easily managing the exhibit floor and accommodating the exhibitors’ requests. They are walking the exhibitors through the online contract, making it easy for the them to get in and out in less than ten minutes.
You sit, relax, and marvel at what you have accomplished. Pure genius. A smile stretches your face as you raise your glass and exchange cheers with one of your top exhibitors. Yup, job well done.
It’s Post-Con time and you’ve been asked why you needed onsite sales support. “Great question,” you say. Here are the 5 main reasons that motivated you:
- Experience: Most of the a2z staff has been on your side of the fence, conference and show managers. They have been through many years of onsite sales for their own events, and since becoming a part of the a2z team, have taken part in many more onsite sales across multiple shows.
- Expertise: a2z has over 1000 events on their platform across the entire spectrum of industries and show sizes. This allows a2z to have immense knowledge on what onsite sales tactics will work best for you. Because they work with you the year round, they can provide pre-show advice on setting up a rebook, as well as constructive feedback and improvement suggestions on the complete sales process.
- Product Knowledge: a2z staff is trained on their solution and use it every day. They know the ins-and-outs of the system and can easily and quickly manage the floorplan on the fly. Best of all, a2z knows how you specifically integrate their platform with your processes. You don’t have to worry about explaining the nitty gritty details to a part-time helper.
- Time Saver: Not only does a2z’s real-time solution enables you to consult with hundreds of exhibitors and assign their space in just a few days, but also recruiting a2z’s team to assist with your onsite sales saves you time on training new temps each year and overseeing them onsite. This means that you can focus on the other important tasks and be available in case any unforeseen incidents need your attention.
- Peace of Mind: There is nothing better than knowing that you have knowledgeable professionals who are trained on your processes, working with your exhibitors to help sell and select space for next year’s expo. It’s less stressful and one less thing you have to worry about.
Smiles all around. You walk out of the Post-Con head held high knowing you are a superstar. High-fives as you walk down the hallway, the celebrity. That’s right, all eyes are on you. How will you make next year’s show even better? You have a few months to determine that, however, you know you do not have to worry about next year’s onsite sales. Why? Because you have a2z, of course.
More to explore: