Why do we attend workshops? Because we want to be better at what we do. So why not start off the day reminding ourselves WHY we do what we do?
With this thought in mind, I started the day at a2z’s recent onsite workshop in Dallas, TX, with a simple exercise. All participants were invited to write their favorite thing about their job on a sticky note, and then post it on the entrance door. Through the day, as we walked in and out of the room, we were reminded of why we were there. As I read each note, I was blown away by the common thread that ran through all the answers. The key themes were working with great coworkers, helping others, and seeing the outcome of all the hard work that our clients do to get their show set up.
Here are all the answers (in no particular order):
- Collaborating with a team to solve challenges and take advantage of new ideas
- I get to meet all of our clients and learn from them (that was mine)
- Building floor plans is like playing Tetris and I like playing Tetris
- Working with great people and learning from them
- Opportunities to see and do something different all the time
- Seeing a finished product – and the people I work with
- Working with data to evaluate information
- The creativity aspect
- The Variety
- Building a final product
- On-site show production! Watching months of planning come together!
- Getting to meet our users!
- Working with others
- Meeting people
- Working with the people that I do & onsite experience
- I am challenged on a daily basis and I work with an amazing group of people
- Teamwork-oriented collaborative staff
- Awesome coworkers!
- Creative and Disruptive Ideas
- Attending the event itself, to see how it all comes together after all that work!
- Variety! Seeing an event from start to finish!
- Helping my exhibitors with their needs
- Assigning space
- Assigning booth space, which allows me to interact with exhibitors.
What is your favorite thing about your job? Tweet me a pic of your sticky note! @a2ztrainer #a2zusergroup
More to explore: