Mobile event apps have become an essential component of the suite of tools attendees expect from event organizers to make their participation experience effective and enjoyable.
At a2z, along with keeping a close eye on a wide range of key performance indicators, we monitor the reviews provided directly by the attendees since it’s invaluable to hear directly from the ‘end-users’ what they liked in the app, and what improvements they want to see in the next iteration. Over the years, we’ve learned that if the event app makes the attendees efficient in their participation experience, then many of them will take out a few minutes from their busy schedules to share their experience using the solution.
Here are some real-life comments that are a good sampling of the feedback we are most likely to hear from the attendees when they are truly satisfied with the value the event app provides to them.
Before the Event
Many attendees like to proactively download the mobile app and go through the key features while they are still in prep mode for the event. If the content and tools available to them in the app have sufficient depth and make their planning experience more effective, then you’ll probably begin to see appreciative comments similar to these:
- “It will be great at the show, better than shuffling lists and paper maps.”
- “Much better to have app vs printed paper.”
- “It’s all I need to follow the schedule and sessions. It’s easy enough to navigate and plenty helpful.”
Event apps get maximum adoption and utilization over the duration of the actual event. If it’s providing them tangible value while they are exploring the expo hall, attending workshops and sessions, and interacting with other people at the show, then you’ll hear comments like this:
- “This app makes planning, scheduling, and finding classes so much easier.”
- “Loved the ease of adding sessions to my iphone calendar.”
- “I planned my days on it, and used it several times to navigate to another booth.”
- “Loved the ability to plan seminars and book signings. Exhibitor list was great tool as was the floor plan.”
- “Great way to organize and manage schedules, contacts and contents from meetings and discussions.”
- “Used this app all through the conference to keep up with “buzz” and check the schedule.”
After the Event
The life of a truly useful technology solution doesn’t end with the last hour of the event. Once it has proved effective in saving them time and effort, motivated attendees will continue to refer to their notes and communicate with other participants via the app. This becomes apparent when post-show surveys return with feedback similar to this:
- “I have been accessing it even after the Conference.”
- “Made it easy for me to locate booths- events and able to communicate with the participates before, during and after.”
- “I am still appreciating the session handout files available within the App.”
When event attendees appreciate the solutions organizers provide, then they speak for the event’s brand to the bigger audience. It’s an excellent idea to tune in and listen to what they are saying!