Have you gone even a day without reading a story on the importance of mobile lately? It seems like I see a post or an article or a slideshow on the importance of mobile as an element of marketing strategy multiple times a day. In the interest of keeping with the times, here is my list of top 10 questions to consider with mobile technology.
- What is your mobile strategy?
- Is your site optimized for mobile devices?
- Is your email marketing rate higher on computers or mobile devices?
- Is your email mobile-friendly?
- Are you doing outbound mobile marketing?
- What platforms are your targets using most?
- How much of your audience is using smartphones?
- Do you have goals or analytic benchmarks outlined to define your success factors?
- Do you have a plan to build adoption or use of any of of your mobile offerings?
- What about a native app for iPhone/iPad/Android?
If you can answer those questions, you are well on your way to establishing the mobile marketing strategy for your event. As an event technology provider, we did a recent analysis of close to 300 random a2z clients and found that only 32% of those evaluated utilized a native app for their event. Given the ubiquity of mobile devices in the B2B world, and our growing cultural dependence, we were a little surprised. We are going to do our best to educate our friends on the importance of making sure you have a sound mobile strategy for your event, and are looking at the right potential solutions.