We are frequently asked by our clients how to reconcile the financial transactions from the a2z system to their financial system. There are several ways to do this:
1. Report Reconciliation: a2z stores all your invoices, orders and payments in the system in a way that allows you to pull reports and make general ledger entries into your financial management system. This type of reconciliation takes about one hour a month. This involves some manual work, so not recommended for clients managing large shows or multiple shows.
2. Financial Export: This module creates a secure export file for your financial system to consume. a2z gives you the flexibility to export only summaries (the cumulative revenue, cash and accounts receivable for a time period) or detailed transactions including every invoice and payment from the exhibitor. This method is definitely recommended for shows with more than 1,000 exhibitors or low accounting resources.
3. Financial Integration: Similar to Financial Export, this method connects your API-enabled financial system directly to a2z using web services. The sync job can be scheduled to run at pre-defined intervals, typically overnight.
You don’t run your financials in a2z? Why not? Here are some benefits:
1. a2z is PCI Compliant which promises security to your customers’ credit card data.
2. Utilizing the a2z financial module enables your exhibitors to get their invoice and receipt from your website any time they need one. It
also allows them to pay online when their payment is due.
3. a2z serves as a fantastic financial sub-ledger for your exhibit show. You can keep summary information in your GL system and use a2z for history and granular financial detail.
4. By allowing your exhibitors to pay online using a credit card, at their convenience, your cash flow is expedited and time spent on collections is minimized.
5. a2z has very robust financial reports, all in real-time.
If you have any questions on managing financials in a2z, please talk to your a2z project manager.