You have invested time and money into creating a sleek-looking and valuable mobile app for your event. Now you want to make sure your attendees and exhibitors download and use it. Here are a few simple ideas for spreading the news about your app.
- Website: Add it to the front page of your website; include links or QR Codes that link directly to the app store for downloading.
- Press Release: Write a press release that will catch the attention of the media representatives that will be attending your event. The best scenario would be that they use the app and then write about their experience.
- Email: Send an email to all registrants—attendees, exhibitors, partners, media, staff—announcing the availability of the app, its features, and where to download it. Send a second email just before the event begins to capture the most registrants.
- Newsletters: Include the announcement in your regular newsletters and/or e-newsletters. Include it in every issue leading up to the event.
- Social Media: Make an announcement about your app on your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages. Add updates every week about its features.
- Other communications: Add an announcement to all your other exhibitor and attendee communications. It can be a simple sentence that leads them to a page on your website with more details.
Not only do you want people to download your app, but you also want them to benefit from it. Educate your audience about the features and tools the app offers. Try these simple, cost effective education methods:
- Keynote Announcement: Show the app at the start of the welcome keynote. Take 5 minutes and highlight a few of the app’s features. Then tell people where they can download the app.
- Onsite Signage: Place signage around the event floor with QR Codes and images highlighting the app’s features.
- Show Guide: Include QR Codes and details about the app in the Show Guide.
- Tweet/Buzz: Use the tweet or buzz feature in the app to remind users of the features. For example, when your sessions are about to start send a message reminding users to check the app’s session schedule and choose one to attend.
This comprehensive coverage is sure to increase your download numbers as well as your usage times. In addition, all of these impressions offer increased value to your sponsor(s); allowing you to charge top dollar for your mobile app sponsorship.