Guest post by Wayne Crawford, VP of Sales at a2z.
As a sales executive for my event, I have challenges. The marketplace has grown more competitive. Sponsors are demanding higher ROI, and quite frankly, are becoming more discerning about their marketing spend. My organization is expecting increased ancillary revenue streams from my department. I don’t have the staffing bandwidth to research the market and sell sponsorships and other (non-exhibits) promotional opportunities.
I am not alone. While most show producers want to drive ancillary revenue via the event web site, only about half are actually doing it. My sponsors seem anxious to spend money at my event if I provide them the right options and solutions. I need to sell “all the things” in my sponsorship inventory, but how? I don’t have the time and the last thing I need is more paperwork.
Can you or your sales team relate to this challenge? We encounter this frustration often when working with our clients and many of you share the same goals, including being able to:
- Use the event website as a hub not only for information about the show, but to sell upgraded exhibitor listings, sponsorships, ads and other ancillary items in an automated fashion.
- Generate electronic contracts and collect payments.
- Increase revenue and accelerate cash flow.
- Decrease paperwork and simplify internal sales processes.
- Create customized packages and bundles to better match the goals of their exhibitor/sponsor community.
- Use the technology to not only sell, but also to fulfill sales.
We have listened. Later this week we are unveiling a new module that will meet your needs to sell “all the things” and increase your sponsorship revenue while decreasing your pile of paperwork. Watch a preview video or contact a2z to arrange a demo.
When we sell “all the things”, life is good.
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES: