One thing that affects everyone who exhibits or attends a trade show or event is fatigue. Here are a few tips to help keep your body and feet more comfortable, and your energy up while working at an event.
1) Eat! Many people working events don’t eat right. Healthy foods that give you energy are eggs, whole wheat toast, oatmeal, granola, yogurt, honey, sweet potatoes, rice, bananas, apples, oranges, spinach, almonds and one of my personal favorites is dark chocolate! All of these are good for you and will help you keep your energy up all day.
2) Drink a LOT of water! Being dehydrated is exhausting. If you are on your feet all day, plan to drink at least 8oz per hour to ensure that your energy level is up and your muscles don’t fatigue.
3) Sleep. Lack of sleep from staying out late at parties can drain all of your energy, causing you to sleep through sessions or drag while on the show floor. Make sure you are smart about getting the rest you need so you can get the best event experience.
4) Exercise. People who exercise just 20 to 30 minutes in the morning will benefit from greater energy throughout the day and better sleep at night. Instead of walking or running, you might try going for a swim in the hotel pool to get your exercise since you will be on your feet all day.
5) Wear good shoes! It drives me crazy to see people wearing fancy high heel shoes at a trade show. There is no way that is comfortable! An investment in a good pair of shoes, that are made for people who are on their feet, is worth every penny! Here is a link to my favorite website for comfortable shoes. http://www.standingcomfort.com/
Can you add to this list? What else do YOU recommend to prevent fatigue or keep your energy up at a trade show?