a2z has worked hard to develop our online software to be user friendly and compatible with all browsers and devices. If you are looking for an event management system for your show, we recommend you look for an HTML5 based solution over Flash, for the following reasons:
1) Flash is a CLOSED solution. What does that mean? Flash is developed, owned and managed ONLY by Adobe and their language is specific to Adobe. And since it is not an internet standard language, if your device does not have Adobe Flash installed, it will not be able to render Flash websites.
2) User experience is sacrificed. How can that be? Well…although many flash websites can be slick and beautiful, imagine how many attendees or exhibitors use Apple products that cannot display Flash! How are you going to accommodate them?
3) Flash is not mobile friendly. Unfortunately flash has not caught up to touch screen compatibility and can be clunky on a mobile device. Page loads tend to be very slow. READ THIS ARTICLE on how Adobe announced that they have stopped investing in Flash for mobile browsing.
4) Flash cannot be optimized for SEO. Search engines are unable to decipher what the flash item is. So unless you want to spend a lot of time adding content and text in HTML around the Flash features you use, SEO will suffer.
5) Flash will struggle to keep up as technology advances. The advancements currently being made today in HTML5 and other open source standard languages are changing at a record pace. Flash is no longer necessary and is becoming less relevant in achieving a beautiful website experience.
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES: